Swimming pool pump | Make: Quality 230V(Select your size)
Please select an click your size pump on the options field drop down. (The price will then change accordingly)
The self-priming pool pump made by Quality, is currently the most used swimming pump in South Africa.
For daily filtration of residential swimming pools, use the following pump and sandfilter combinations as a minimum:
- Use a 0.45kW pump with 2 Bag Sandfilter to filtrate upto 20000L water
- Use a 0.6kW pump with 2 Bag Sandfilter to filtrate upto 30000L water
- Use a 0.75kW pump with 3 Bag Sandfilter to filtrate upto 60000L water
- Use a 1.1kW pump with 4 Bag Sandfilter to filtrate upto 90000L water
- Use a 1.5kW pump with 5 Bag Sandfilter to filtrate upto 12000L water
Tips for selecting a pump:
- The size of the sandfilter determines the size of the pump
- A bigger pump, uses more electricity and does not nessarily equals better water quality
- To save electricity, look at the range of energy saving pump avaialble by clicking here
- More filtration will provide more hygienic water and better water clarity troughout the year
- Consider using a sandfilter in conjunction with a cartridge filter for better filtration, i.e. to "polish" the water to a crystal clear colour
- Design guideline: Turn the water once or more per day for residential pools and upto 6 times or more for commercial pools, all will depend on bather loading and the surrounding landscape or environment
PUMP WARRANTY BY FACTORY:
- 2 Years from date of purchase
The pump is a self-priming pump, which can be installed above or below water level, if you choose to go below, be sure to connect a control valve on your suction pipe between the pool weir/skimmer and the pump, which will prevent your pump being flooded when you open the lid to clean the pump leaf basket.
Do not over tighten fittings into the inlet and outlet of the pump. Position pump on a flat level surface not exposed to flooding, as the pump motor is not waterproof.
Electrical connection should be done by an electrician, be sure to earth the motor. Pump should be installed in a weatherproof and well ventilated enclosure away from all chemicals. Before starting the motor, open the lid of the pump and add water to cover the basket, replace lid and tighten by hand. Never run the pump dry without water, and clean the pump leaf basket regularly.
SEE DIAGRAM BELOW FOR PUMP PERFORMANCE
The head in metres is shown on the vertical axss which is the height of water delivery, and the volume could then be read on the horizontal axss measured in litres per minute.
1. Pump Clamp Complete
2. Pump Knob
3. Pump Lid
4. Pump Lid O-Ring
5. Pump Basket
6. Pump Body
7. Pump Diffuser O - Ring
8. Diffuser Screws
9. Pump Diffuser
10.Pump Flange O -Ring
12.Mechanical Shaft Seal