Geobubble solar covers for lappools
Solar swimming pool covers when used on its own is the cheapest pool heating product you'll find. Combine this with solar pool heating panels and you will have a winning heating system for excersise and fun!!!
Solar pool covers (also called "solar blankets") are the most popular heat retention mechanism and made from Ultra Violet treated Polyethylene material blended with other additives to increase strength and suppleness and handling on swimming pools.
Benefits of using a solar covers are:
- It increases the water temperature of outdoor in full sunshine by about 5°C
- Cuts heating costs by at least 60%
- It reduces evaporation by up to 95%
- Keeps your swimming pool or spa cleaner
- Ultra light-weight making it easy to remove before swimming and to replace again after wards
- Extends your swimming season
- Easy installation. Cover is laid on water surface and trimmed to shape with a ordinary household scissors.
Disadvantages of solar covers are:
- Relative short lifespan (2.5 to 3 years)
- Should be stored in shade when not on the pool (or protect with a solar protection sheet)
- Important: This is not a safety cover, but can easily be used in conjunction with a pool safety net or swimming pool alarm.
Sizing solar covers for a school or swimming school's pool:
- Divide the pool in lanes of 2m or 2,5m over the length or width of the pool in order to make handling easier, e.g. for a 10m x 15m pool use for example (4) x 2,5m x 15m solar covers
- A good practice on handling pool covers that is longer than 8 meter, is to use it in combination with a rollup station. For the above example school swimming pool, (4) x 3m rollup stations will be recommended to use for each one of the four 2,5m x 15m solar covers.
1 year on material for pool usage, subject to:
a. Storage in shaded area when not in use
b. Ensure water is chemically balanced (Free Cl 3 ppm; ph~7,2)
c. Water temperature always below 35 degrees celsius